Another potential scam on the scene!

Posted by Aristotle the Great | Sunday, September 07, 2008 | , , | 5 comments »


You must have probably heard of PTC sites which claim to give you free premium memberships even before they officially launch. Premium memberships for FREE!!! Yes, nothing to lose you would say. But what is this 'premium membership'?

Well, If they offered 10 ads to you when you were a free member, they may offer say 15 or 20 ads for you to click when you upgrade to premium. They say more ads each day equals more money. So guys and gals who already are looking for some easy cash sign up to such sites and claim free premium memberships. They get 15 ads per day. They make 15 or 20cents per day without any efforts(really!), which would have been only 10 cents if they were free members. They see the money reeling(fantasy!) and they work hard and collect referrals, and their referrals click and then when they reach payout and they request payment, they are assured by the site that they will be paid in the coming time. But one day-Whammo! The site explodes somewhere; no more ads to click, no more money, nothing. What did you gain? You'll answer back 'What did I lose...lol! Everything was free!'. But think practically;

You clicked 10 ads per day=10ads x 0.5min=5mins wasted=$0.00 earned
Your 20 referrals clicked 10 ads per day=20refs x 10ads x 0.5min=100mins=3hrs10mins wasted=$0.00 earned
This example of wastage of time is only for 20 referrals.

And when you claim your free premium membership, these are the statistic(considering you get 20 ads to click);

You clicked 20 ads per day=20ads x 0.5min=10mins wasted=$0.00 earned
Your 20 referrals clicked 20 ads per day=20ref x 20ads x 0.5min=200mins=6hrs20mins wasted=$0.00 earned.

This example of wastage of time is only for 20 referrals.

6 hours 20 mins wasted collectively everyday for almost nothing! Some of you won't agree with me, but TRUTH is TRUTH, whatsoever!

You go on for a month or two hoping that they pay you, but do they really pay??? Never. Yes, the site gets paid by its advertisers and the admin promises to pay their clickers(which they never do!) and they keep all the profits. Thats how they fall into the scam list, then they shut down their site, and then the same admin comes with a new disguise, with a new name, with a new site for search of new scapegoats!(usually called as CLICKERS).

Now why am I speaking all this. Because I found one. YES!!! I found a site which claims to give away its premium membership worth $90!!! They claim to pay $0.0125 per ad you click for 20 seconds and 0.0125 per ad your referral clicks for 20 seconds if you are a free member and 20 ads for premium members. The site is in its prelaunch beta, but still there are ads to click. I signed up there, but because the site looked a bit fishy(like most potential scam sites), I never thought of doing any business with it.

Forget about the free membership lol. I don't want it! You wanna check it out then type this www.netcashbux(dot)com. I don't want to give such sites free links, dude, you can understand!

Thats my view about PTC sites. I am not a big fan of PTC sites. Unless I google around and until I am confirmed that the site has had a great background and a good track record(in terms of payment to its members), I don't do any business with them. I don't just go, sign up and give away my personal information to such sites only to get my email inbox spammed, you know! So, I just don't rely on PTCs for
cash, there are many alternatives to them.

Then, are all such type of sites fake? No, not all. There are only some handful sites like Crewbux.com which pay its members. The admin at Crewbux is one of the few which pays its members really and pays them on time. Their payout is $5 and they pay you $0.01 per ad you click for 30 seconds and $0.005 per ad your referrals click for 30 seconds. They pay via Paypal or Alertpay. I like ptc sites which pay via paypal, there are only few such which do. If you want to earn some real cash helping me earn then click here to sign up to Crewbux.

Plus you are free to suggest legimitate ptc sites like Crewbux so that we can all benefit from them, but remember they should be legit, thats the only criterion required.

Subscribe to College kid's quest for cool cash online feed

5 comments

  1. Sarah Peel // September 8, 2008 at 3:56 AM  

    99.9% of those sites are scams and or they will be scams once they reach their goal. The only reason why they have such sites is this:If you promise "cash" to members, you can get a whole lot of people to be a member. More members=more traffic. More traffic=more money for ads. So they can get rich quickly and stop paying members. My advice is this, stay away from those sites!

    MVR

  2. Aristotle the Great // September 8, 2008 at 4:17 AM  

    Correct!! 100% correct!!

  3. Anonymous // September 8, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

    Good points, boney. I agree with most of your points. There are tons of scams out there, probably including netcash. Most of them look alike which shout scam!!!

    However, here's my humble opinion.
    Most clickers don't spend 30 seconds on one ad. Most people do more than 10 ads at a time (I'm doing 5 at a time, going to 7 today) So divide those numbers with this number to reflect the actual time being scammed.

    Point #2:
    We may or may not get scammed. But because a site is new, most likely they will pay their first batch members. The premium membership is only good for us to help us reach payout ASAP. I believe most of us don't join because we hope to be with them forever (of course, we hope so but more often than not, that won't happen).


    Point #3:
    I'm not a big fan of crewbux(I'm a active standard member).It does pay, no doubt but to put on a good show to make even more, I think. If you have been reading my posts on Mylot youl'll see why I don't like it and think it will become scam. It pays up to (if my memory serves me right) 2.5 per click when it earns 1.5 cent per click. Where does the money come from? Does it earn the difference from its lottery? If so, do it mean members are so dumb that for each click they do, they lose 1 cent in the lottery? For detailed analysis, check out my old posts on Mylot. The analysis took into account profits from premium memberships too. The calculations above didn't take into account that 80 percent of ads served to standard members are their own ads. (no income at all for those ads!)



    This is just my opinion.
    Interesting piece. Keep writing!

  4. Daily Beez // September 8, 2008 at 5:54 AM  

    I also have bad experiences on PTC websites. It's hard to tell when they will pay or not. I usually just engage in PTC to do favors for my friends. But I don't really see it as a way for me to earn online.

  5. Aristotle the Great // September 8, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

    @Curiousman:
    Liked your long and valuable comment. Glad you gave me your time.
    Yes, clickers don't spend 30 seconds on one ad, yeah they click 10 ads from 10 different ptcs, but I just roughly calculated the time lost considering that 1 ad was clicked for half a second.
    Crewbux may not be some people's favorite, but they pay, that is what is liked by all.
    Thanks for your honest comment.

    @Aira:
    Good thing!!