The College Kid's Quest for Cool Cash Online kick started on the 4th of August 2008 and we had many ups and downs in our journey. Its nearly a month over. Today being the first of September, I thought that I should sum up a month's journey an break the numbers for you.

We started with a zero and now at the end of the month when I look back I can say that we have achieved many things in the past month. This is what we have gained from the Blogosphere at large....

*Great help from like minded bloggers
*Good comments from readers.
*Great ideas from the readers of this blog.
*A few dollars added to the experiment.
*Decent traffic obtained-over 200 visitors.
*A new attitude overall.
*Less sleep, too many posts and new pals!!

Technorati:
I don't know why but only a few bloggers bother about the Technorati rankings. Our journey is from position no.4567345 to position no.4,591,694 which is not a total failure, but a few adds to technorati favorites and a few link exchanges can may be rise our rank.

Income:
Since it was our first month, we were too much on the backfoot as far as income is concerned. It was because we needed traffic and we were finding the traffic sources and other stuff like researching on SEO, etc. However there were a few dollars in the kitty from the Experiment. This is the summary of our earnings for the month of August.

Sources:
Active:
Myhpf
Mylot
Bux.to(I am not doing it anymore)

Passive:

Google Adsense

Earnings:
Myhpf $4.80
Mylot $0-63
Google Adsense $0-38

It makes roughly about $5.81. Remember I give just a half hour for my online endeavours as I am a student. So this could have been more if more efforts were put in.

At the start of the experiment, I used to think that google adsense would be best earner for me, but sometimes even the best blog earners slip under the radar. One reason for Google adsense income not being the best because I don't get Average joe visitors but my visitors are more Tech savvy and I think they know what they are looking for so they don't click the ads.

Well September is gonna be even better with newer income sources. I may take surveys, write some reviews for companies for cash and my focus will be accumulate a lot of cash in September. Since our goal is to make a Thousand dollars this year, I think we are on the right track. I encourage my readers to help me with more income sources both passive and active.

Thats it for today, see you in September. Till then ta-da...

Subscribe to my RSS feeds

3 comments

  1. Sarah Peel // September 2, 2008 at 12:52 AM  

    Not too bad for the first month. I think one of the largest issues you'll face is the fact that your blog is still new, most pay to post sites want your blog to be at least 3 months old.

  2. Daily Beez // September 2, 2008 at 4:51 AM  

    Hi Boney.

    It's nice to read about your journey. It leaves me hungry for more. I'll probably check on you often if you don't mind.

    Lots of luck. So far you're doing good.

    Aira

  3. Aristotle the Great // September 4, 2008 at 7:12 AM  

    Sorry for being late to respond, was too busy.
    @artful frog: Yaah! Thanks. We are going to rock September.

    @aira: Thanks. Just subscribe to my feed and don't miss a thing.