Post moved here

7 comments

  1. Sarah Peel // August 29, 2008 at 1:34 AM  

    Good article, but I have read a very good book on blogging for money, and 10 years ago keywords counted for something. Today, how search engines index aren't the same as it was 10 years ago. So perhaps we shouldn't be focusing so much on keywords.

  2. Aristotle the Great // August 29, 2008 at 2:25 AM  

    @artful frog: You cant say that we needn't focus more on the keywords.Actually keywords and search engines are still inseperable. The only thing is that search engines are looking at the keywords in a different way. I read a recent article which said that first search engines used to look in the meta tag for keywords, now they look at the header and title but they neglect the meta tag. So unless there is uniformness in laws, these 'gods' will just bully around making and changing their rules every now and then. We just have to be the spectators lol!!!

  3. Anonymous // August 29, 2008 at 2:39 AM  

    My focus is simple which is to attract more readers which is why I've been writing for humans instead of robots.Don't get me wrong. I do see the importance of keywords and how they can affect my bottom line but as we all know the algorithms always change. So instead of keeping up with the algorithms, I've decided to cater my content to humans. That doesn't mean I won't create MFA sites...LOL

  4. Aristotle the Great // August 29, 2008 at 3:11 AM  

    @curiousman: Yes its true that we write our content for humans, but when it comes to real exposure for our sites, the search engines and their algorithms rule. It sounds odd but yes we should accept the truth that we have given the search engines a lot of power and they want us to do whatever they want. Thanks for your comment Curiousman.

  5. Unknown // August 30, 2008 at 7:22 AM  

    Thanks for this article, but I think that some search engines use just the description part of our sites, so I don't think we should waste our time optimizing our site only to end on the tenth page of google. Instead we could write a valuable article for our readers in that time!
    Anand

  6. Aristotle the Great // August 30, 2008 at 7:38 AM  

    @anand:Yes you are right that some search engines don't give importance to the keywords. But at the end of the day its the popularity of the search engines that matters. You might get some visitors from those search engines, but that won't be the volume like that of google and yahoo as 60% of the web users use these as their primary search engines. Thanks.

  7. Suhas Devkar // August 30, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

    I dont understand that point that how do the google decide what i should write in my site?
    Answer if possible.
    Regards,
    Suhas.

    www.suhasdevkar.blogspot.com